Nocturn Industries Katana Standard (Photonis Echo White Phosphor)
***SPECIAL PRE-ORDER PRICING***
Current lead-time is 6 weeks. This is only an estimate. By purchasing this item, you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions.
The Nocturn Industries Katana night vision binocular assembled by Cold Harbour Supply is the lightest binocular on the market to-date at a functional weight of 17.76 oz. (497g) complete with Optronics PVS-14 lenses installed. Featuring our tried and true Photonis Echo White Phosphor MX-10160 auto-gain image intensifier tubes, each Katana is cleaned, assembled, purged, and tested in-house with precision tools using our digital purging rig, downdraft table, clean room, and custom collimation rig.
- Individual pod auto-off when swiveled
- Simple tactile and audible push-button on/off
- Tool-less Inter-Pupillary Distance adjustment
- Exceeds MIL-STD-810G and NATO 1.5m drop test standards
- Dust-proof and water-proof to 1.5m
- Built-in dovetail mount
- Fully assembled with Optronics Engineering PVS-14 lenses
- Assembled in the USA
- LIFETIME WARRANTY on the housing
The articulating design allows users to use one eye or both eyes enabling the simultaneous use of a thermal optic or other non-passive aiming systems. This also enables users to operate vehicles without limiting head space by eliminating the need to stow the unit upright or to tuck the pods against the helmet when stowed.
The Katana is simple with a minimalist design. An onboard battery with no remote power keeps things simple and wires off the helmet. For extended run-times a LEMO-port option is available to be special-ordered. Tactile and audible push button on/off in the cap (similar to flashlight buttons) reduces weight and reduces the footprint of the bridge. Individual pods power on/off when articulated to the side for single or dual eye use and to eliminate backsplash when stowed or rotated out.
An original new “Friction Lock Inter-Pupillary Adjustment” feature allows users to intuitively set IPD distance by using force-to-overcome to quickly and easily set IPD.
- Material: Polymer
- Colour: Matte Black Cerakote
- Weight (Battery + Standard PVS-14 lenses and Image intensifiers): 17.76oz/1.11lbs/503.5g
- On board power: CR123a
- Out board Power: Optional LEMO port
- *DISCLAIMER: Do not use onboard power and remote power simultaneously. Main power controlled by battery pack when remote power is utilized.
- IR Illuminator: No
- Pod power off when rotated to side: Yes (Individually)
- Ingress rating: IP68 (dust-proof and water-proof to 1.5m)
- Mount style: Dovetail
Warranty: Lifetime repair of all housing components no questions asked. (Does not cover damages to intensifier tubes or lens assemblies)
Product images show matte black cerakote Katana with LEMO port. Pre-orders do not have LEMO port.