Defender NV optics protector
Protect your expensive night vision optics against debris, abrasion and impacts with these objective and ocular lens protectors.
- custom designed lens ring with a smooth bevel so it doesn't scratch up your glasses or eyepro if you want to move your NV device closer to your eyes
- precision CNC-machined proprietary lenses mean a clean edge and no weird laser burn marks on polycarbonate
- elegantly shaped texturing on the circumference of the ring allows you to properly tighten and torque the lens protector on your lens assembly - no more rattling lens protectors that come loose after a few outings!
- over 90% light transmission on a new coated lens means the highest light transmission with over 35x the scratch-resistance over traditional uncoated polycarbonate
- lens is chemically resistant against paints and adhesives, UV coated and warrantied for 10 years against yellowing
- Matte anodized finish for that stealthy look
These have been tested to work perfectly with any NV device that takes US MILSPEC PVS14 lenses, such as: PVS-1531, DTNVG, DTNVS, RNVG, Mod3, BNVD, PVS-7B, PVS-7D, etc. They have been tested to work on the following lenses:
- Carson objective and ocular
- Optronics objective (oculars will require an adapter, please let us know in the order notes and we will include one)
- Spyron oculars (some objectives may require some teflon tape due to slightly off-spec lens threads)
- ACT oculars
In some situations where off-spec lenses are used, the protectors can be made to work by applying a thin strip of teflon tape to fill in the tolerance differences.
Available in three flavours:
- Clear polycarbonate (the classic - impact resistance, scratch resistance, wipes clean with a cloth with no scratching)
- Amber (for use with green-phosphor image intensifier tubes, dulls the harsh contrast of the green/black image, less impact- and scratch-resistant than polycarbonate due to the material used to achieve the colour)
- Glass (optical grade, anti-reflection-coated glass provides the absolute highest light transmittance with the scratch-resistance you'd come to expect over standard polycarbonate; Because glass is thinner, this will also allow you to use the NV Defender with accessories that need to clip onto an eyecup retaining ring - sold separately)
Sold in singles. (If you need front/rear protection for binocular NV, purchase 4x)
The clear polycarbonate lens protectors have a LIFETIME WARRANTY against breakage. If you somehow shatter your lens, we will provide you a replacement, no questions asked.
NOTE: You will not be able to use the ocular eyecup retaining ring with the Defender NV optics protector due to the low-profile nature of the protector. If you are planning on using a night vision recording device and require the use of eyecup retaining rings, please select the "Glass" option. The protector will ship with a thinner optical-grade glass lens that, while offering less ballistic protection, will provide the highest optical clarity and light transmittance and will allow you sufficient threads to use the retaining ring.
MADE IN CANADA